Part of the South Texas Surgeons Team since 2007, Julie Davis has more direct experience working with bariatric patients than any nutritionist in San Antonio. In 2012, Julie received her Masters Degree in Mental Health Counseling from St. Mary’s University and added Licensed Professional Counselor to her tool belt. She has since transitioned to the role of counselor, providing patients a 360 degree approach to weight loss by incorporating behavioral modification. Julie’s expertise has been instrumental in training nutritionists and staff from bariatric programs across the country.
Julie works closely with patients both pre and post operatively. From preparing for the significant lifestyle changes that are necessary for successful weight loss surgery to managing life after and redefining a new and healthy relationship with food. Through regular sessions she incorporates behavior modification, including education on the components of a healthy diet and development of healthy behavioral habits for eating.
Julie is passionate about completing the circle to weight loss by incorporating counseling techniques that merge the relationship of food to life. She understands the importance of weight loss and the challenges that come along with change. She has mastered skills and techniques geared towards guiding those who choose to redefine the relationship between food and body.
Outside of individual visits, Julie champions monthly support group meetings, as well as our 24 hour online support group.
- Mary’s University – MA: Mental Health Counseling
- Texas State University – BS: Nutrition and Food
- Licensed Professional Counselor (LPC)
- National Certified Counselor (NCC)
- Certified BSC BariatricSupport Group Leader
- Certified Hypnotherapist
- Certified Breathwork I Therapist
- Certified MARI Therapist
- Member of TCA (Texas Counseling Association)
- ACA (American Counseling Association)
- ADA (American Dietitian Association)
- Integrated Health Professional with the American Society for Metabolic and Bariatric Surgery